Data Privacy Notice
Your data and privacy are important and we will handle them securely, fairly and legally at all times. Grabby Awards is a trading as name, whereas the website is owned by Twisted Logistics Limited, which complies fully with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and below we tell you about what data we collect and how we store and use it.
What Information Do We Collect?
We keep all the data that you give us. This information is kept online and at our offices and it can be updated by you at any time. These are things like your name, email, nomination and voting selections etc. If you call us we will record the call so that we have a record of what has been said. Similarly, we keep a record of all contact with you.
Where We Keep Your Data – Security
The security of your personal data is a concern for us. We have legal obligations to keep it safe and handle it with care and the penalties for not doing so are very high. We store your personal data securely and it’s backed up in two geographically separated locations so that it cannot be lost in the event of a catastrophic failure in our data centres or systems.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The GDPR says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason for doing so. The permitted Legal Bases for processing are set out in article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever we process your personal data:
- Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, marketing).
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: this process is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: this process is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data that overrides those legitimate interests.
Business Function Why we use your Personal Information Our Reasons (Legal Basis)
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the Legal Bases outlined above we rely on to do so.
- Site visitors who nominate and/or vote – We collect names, email, telephone number (if given) and your nomination and/or voting history.
- Notification – Informing You Of New Products & Services Informing you of regulatory changes – service changes, marketing, informing you of new products, services which include third-party marketing, goods & services. – consent – website analytics – to obtain statistics on the usage of our website(s) – Legitimate Interest
Who We Share Your Information With And Why
Twisted Logistics Limited works with a number of trusted suppliers to provide the high-quality services you expect from us. In all cases, our suppliers have been carefully vetted and only the minimum personal data is shared in order to fulfil our legal responsibilities and your orders or provide the services you have requested. Your data may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliate Management Suppliers – to enable our affiliate managers to comply with their own legal obligations.
- Sponsors – to promote products and/or services, present offers and discounts etc
- Emergency services – Contact details must be provided to the Emergency Services should an incident arise.
- Website analytics – We use Google Analytics to supply statistics on the usage of our website. We also have a legal obligation to share data in response to properly made requests from
- Law enforcement agencies – for the prevention and detection of a crime, for the purpose of safeguarding national security, for the purpose of safeguarding life or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in the legislation.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your data in perpetuity so that we can report nomination and voting stats and to keep you informed with updates and offers.
Transfers To Third Countries
At Twisted Logistics Limited your data is stored in our offices in Manchester (UK) and at our data centre which is located in the United States. Your information may be transferred to a third country (defined under the GDPR as a country outside of the European Economic Area). The third country is Canada, home to our affiliate managers.
Keeping In Touch With You
We want to keep you updated about new events, products, services and any special offers that may become available. We promise to never share your personal information with any third party marketing company that has no direct connection to the Grabby Awards. Communications will always offer an option to unsubscribe.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed. Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This privacy notice fulfils that requirement.
- The right of access. All of the information we have about you can be requested.
- The right to rectification. If you find an error in your data that you cannot rectify yourself, please contact our central office 0161 850 2503
- The right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete personal data held on you. This does not apply if we have a legal reason for retaining it.
- The right to restrict processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to ‘restrict the processing of data’. This means we would need to secure your data but not otherwise use it. In practice, this would involve suspending your account or the relationship that we have with you and therefore your access to our services.
- The right to object. You have the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may wish to send you. You can do this by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in our marketing emails.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling. Twisted Logistics Limited does not apply any automated decision-making or profiling to any of your personal data.
If you have any questions about how Twisted Logistics Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Customer Services team on 0161 850 2503.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners’ Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk
Get In Touch
Ryan James Christian (Compliance Officer)
Twisted Logistics Limited,
Suite 1.2a, Empress Business Centre,
380 Chester Road, Manchester,
“a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.”
They’re very useful things but there are some privacy concerns raised about them. Read more about cookies and how we handle cookies.
Visit our Cookies Policy page.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We recognise that transparency is an ongoing commitment, so we will keep this privacy notice under regular review.
This privacy notice was last updated on 21st January 2021.